Students, Interns & Volunteers
Rosie Gomez (current Year 3 undergraduate student) has been assisting with a range of projects over the past 3 years including EEG data collection, database management and assisting with the distinguished speakers seminar series.
Patricia Bugembe has been working on an EPS funded project using mobile eye-tracking in face to face interactions.
Claire Ellis is working with Liz as ShARL's public engagement intern. She will be responsible for organising the public lectures for the 2016/17 session.
Charity Kibathi is working with Megan on Cognitive Load and Gaze Aversion in Autism for her CNHN Masters project
Illin Johnson is working with Liz on Visual Perception in Autism for her SITraN Masters project
- Dr Abby Dickinson, PhD
Abby completed her PhD on Visual Perception in Autism Spectrum Conditions in October 2015. She will be taking up a post-doctoral position at UCLA in March 2016
- Dr Ben Dornan, PhD
Ben completed his PhD on using EEG to measure neural activity in the default mode network in August 2014. He is now working as a Causeway Associate in Computer Science at the Royal Institution.
- Leandra Hawarden
Leandra graduated from our Psychology undergraduate degree in 2013 and worked as an intern in the lab during 2014 while also working as an autism support worker. She is currently studying medicine in Sheffield Medical School.
- Dr Holly Johnson, clinical psychologist.
Dr Johnson completed her DClinPsy thesis entitled “Investigating the Cognitive Heterogeneity in Autism Spectrum Disorder” in the lab in 2014. She is now working as a clinical psychologist in Sheffield Adult Autism and Neurodevelopmental Service.
- Dr Jen Gallagher, clinical psychologist.
Dr Gallagher completed her DClinPsy thesis entitled “Exploring Autism Spectrum Disorders: Parental Experiences of Diagnosis and the Behavioural Heterogeneity within the Spectrum” in the lab in 2013. She is now working as a clinical psychologist in the Whittington Hospital NHS trust in North London.
- Dr Tom Bullock, PhD
Tom Bullock completed his PhD on the effects of perceptual, cognitive, and emotional load on perception in August 2012. He is now working as a post-doctoral researcher in the Attention Lab at UCSB.
- Dr Natalie Taylor, clinical psychologist.
Dr Taylor completed her DClinPsy thesis entitled “Audiovisual integration in autism spectrum disorders” in the lab in 2009. After working as a clinical psychologist in Sheffield and Chesterfield Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services, she is now working in the Autism Association of Western Australia.
- Dr Hwan Cui Koh, PhD.
Dr Koh was a PhD student in the lab between 2006 and 2009. Her thesis title was “Visual perception in autism spectrum disorders”. She is now working as a Psychologist at the Department of Child Development, KK Women's and Children's Hospital, Singapore.
- Angela Nyhout, visiting researcher.
Ms Nyhout worked in the lab between 2008 and 2009, investigating links between resting state EEG indices, executive function and theory of mind. She is now studying for a PhD at The University of Waterloo, Canada.
- Dr Alison Scope, PhD.
Dr Scope was a post-doctoral research associate in the lab between 2005 and 2007, investigating visual processing in ASD. She is now working as a Research Associate at the School of Health and Related Research, Sheffield.
- Dr Richard Smith, Senior clinical psychologist, Sheffield Adult Autism and Neurodevelopmental Service
- Suzanne Eusman, Autism Plus
- Dr David Buckley, Dr Charlotte Codina and Dr Helen Griffiths, Academic Ophthalmology & Orthoptics Unit, University of Sheffield.
- Dr Nicole David, Department of Neurophysiology and Pathophysiology, University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf, Germany.
- Dr Tom Foulsham, University of Essex
- Dr Nicoal Gregory, University of Bournemouth
- Prof Scott Makeig and colleagues, Swartz Center for Computational Neuroscience, UCSD.
- Dr Marcin Szczerbinksi, Department of Human Communication Sciences, University of Sheffield.
- Dr Danielle Ropar and Dr Elizabeth Sheppard, University of Nottingham.